Thursday 4 August 2011

Art related Quotes


”I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.” – Picasso.
“Talent is long patience, and originality an effort of will and of intense observation” – Gustav Flaubert
”You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore.
“I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may, – light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful .” – John Constable.
“Perspective is the rein and rudder of painting” – Leonardo da Vinci.
“If you can draw well, tracing won’t hurt; and if you can’t draw well, tracing won’t help.” – Bradley Schmehl.
“Paint as you see and be accurate in your drawing: the whole secret of your art is there.” – William Bouguereau.
“The essence of drawing is the line exploring space.” – Andy Goldsworthy.
“Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.” – Abdre Gude
“I am always doing things I can’t do, that’s how I get to do them.” – Picasso.
“Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it.” – Robert Motherwell
“I never finish a painting — I just stop working on it for a while.” – Arshile Gorky.
“Real painters understand with a brush in their hand … what does anyone do with rules? Nothing worthwhile.” – Berthe Moriset.

No comments:

Post a Comment